Baton Rouge Area Youth Rugby
The inaugural Baton Rouge Area Youth Rugby Fundraising Campaign is here to seek the community's financial support and to bring awareness of the fastest growing and most engaging youth sport in the US. Baton Rouge Area Youth Rugby encourages youth to be active and to be leaders on and off the field through communication and teamwork.
Founded in 2017, Baton Rouge area youth rugby introduces youth in Kindergarten through High School to the game of Rugby. Our goal is to shape our Warriors into leaders on and off the field through communication and teamwork. On the pitch youth will learn the basic skills of ball handling, agility, and the rules to play rugby. They will be instructed by certified coaches who have experience first-hand playing rugby.
THE RUGBY STATS
- Boys and Girls
- Mommy & Me (2 - 4 years old)
- Rookie Rugby (6-14 years old)
- High School Rugby (15-18 years old)
- Winter Sessions (10 weeks)
- Spring Afterschool Programs
- Redfish 7s Youth Rugby Fest (June)
- Summer Flag Rugby (June-August)
- Winter Workshop (2nd wk of Dec)
- Big Buddy Program
- Scotlandville Community Development Corp.
- Boys & Girls Club
- Gardere Initiative
- CADAV of Scotlandville
- EBR Schools
- Livingston Parish Schools
- Louisiana Key Academy
- Visit Baton Rouge
- Louisiana Rugby
- Baton Rouge RFC
- Lagniappe Women's RFC
- HBCU Rugby Classic
- Memphis Inner City Rugby
- MLR NOLA Gold
- USA Youth & HS Rugby
- Provided over 12 scholarship opportunities for ages 5 to 18
- Provided over 2 dozen cleats in collaboration with Doc, Baton Rouge RFC
- Provided 3 dozen rugby shorts and balls, courtesy of Hoss and American Rucker Rugby
- Programming (memories on the pitch)
- Coaching (laughter and smiles of youth)
HOURS OF CERTIFIED COACH TRAINING
- at least 20,000 hours since 2017
- Baton Rouge
- City of Central
- Denham Springs
- Greenwell Springs
- St. Amant
ANNUAL EXPENSES ($30,000)
- Equipment- balls ($900)
- Uniforms ($4,000)
- Snacks/Refreshments ($1000)
- Administrative ($8,000 + volunteer hrs)
- Social Media ($6,000 + volunteer hrs)
- Promotional Materials ($5,000)
- Certified Coach Stipends
$1,200 (winter sessions),
$1,200 (spring/summer sessions)
$2,700 (summer league play)
DBA Louisiana Rugby EIN: 38-3901625
Sponsorship Levels of Contribution
Business & logo recognition printed on Redfish Youth Rugby Fest t- shirt and banner, online logo on: https://bryouthrugby.com and social media: Facebook and Instagram for one calendar year.
Vendor space at Redfish Youth Rugby Fest & Redfish 7s Rugby Tournament.
LEVEL 2 “Scrumdown” $1250
Business & logo recognition printed on Redfish Youth Rugby Fest t-shirt and banner, online logo on: https://bryouthrugby.com/rugby.net, social media: Facebook and Instagram for one calendar year. Vendor space at Redfish Youth Rugby Fest.
Donation of business promotional products (pens, sunscreen, bottles, etc) and services will receive social media recognition.
The funds will provide the following to the youth participants for 2022-2023 season:
- Complimentary camp/season shirts.
- Snack, drinks, and awards at the end of each season.
- Equipment (balls, cleats, mouth guards, etc.)
- Administrative expenses of office supplies, BREC Field Rental, providing financial assistance to low-income youth, Louisiana Rugby Association and USA Rugby Membership Club and Player Dues.
All donations and sponsorships are tax deductible.